These days, if you’re not advertising your business with video, you’re missing out on a huge segment of your potential audience. Many consumers simply won’t consider a product or service unless they can see it being used. That’s why commercial, or promotional videos, are an essential element of any modern marketing strategy.
If you’re new to promotional video production, you need to read this blog article. We’ll discuss the most important elements of promotional videos, and why you should invest in them.
Being based out of The Motor City we had the opportunity to help Summit Place Kia take their car buying process for customers online using this 30 second spot:
Components of a Commercial Video
Commercial video production is a slicker, more engaging presentation of your services or products. It’s intended to be distributed through targeted campaigns to reach a wide audience. The most important components of these videos include:
- Professional Actors & Voice Talent: If your actors aren’t excited about your product, then no one else will be. The people who star in your commercial need to be convincing when they talk about why you’re the best brand on the market.
- High-Quality Videography: Never underestimate the value of a high-quality video. Within commercial videography, there are many elements that can’t be overlooked, including location, dialogue, and music. Both location and music can set a tone for your video. How do you want your audience to feel after watching your commercial? Lastly, your dialogue must be believable and stick to your main message.
- Message: Before you create a video, you need to figure out what your message is. It should be simple and uncomplicated—you don’t want to confuse your audience.
- Duration: Strive for 30 seconds to one minute. The longer your video goes on, the less engaged your audience will be.
- Call-to-Action: What do you want your audience to do after watching your commercial? If you don’t know, your audience won’t either.
We recently launched a campaign with Summit Place Kia to help fuel recruitment for their service department:
Why Should You Invest in Commercial/Promo Videos?
Think of promotional video production as a means of showcasing the personality of your company, and convincing your customers that they need your product or service.
Commercial videography has proven to be one of the most effective ways to present branding to a modern audience. Television, computers, and mobile devices have conditioned consumers to absorb information through images and video. They no longer have the patience to read a long description of a product or service— they want to see it used and explained in short, visually-engaging presentations.
A well-executed commercial will help you to create an emotional connection between your brand and your target audience. That’s why it’s one of the most effective marketing investments you can make.
How do you know that your promotional videos are effective? The answer is easy—through engagement. Video view counts, comments, and likes are the most important indication that your message is being seen, and these are easy to track. Additionally, Additionally, going with a marketing agency to help with the right distribution strategy will allow for further tracking via your website to see view durations, website traffic, and give you the ability to retarget your audience on multiple platforms. Using multiple distribution channels allows you to determine which ones are the most effective, as well as which audiences you should focus your efforts on.
Learn More About Promotional Video Production From MODI
Promo videos can be incredibly effective, but only if they’re done right. Businesses who are thinking about creating these videos should always partner with a professional commercial video production company like MODI.
If you have questions about the promotional video production process, or are interested in creating your own commercial, please reach out to us today to schedule a free 15- minute discovery session.