As a business owner, you know that a strong brand identity is one of the most important elements of success. It serves as your ambassador to potential customers and creates that vitally important first impression.
Your brand identity should effectively and briefly communicate who your company is, what it stands for, what it does, and what it can do for your audience. Time has shown that the most efficient way to do that is with visual media. Brand identity is often fostered by a memorable logo, but can be further enhanced with professionally produced brand identity videos. Video is the king of multimedia marketing these days, and MODI Services can show you how to do it right.
Today’s Buyers Want Video
You may have noticed that video is everywhere around you—on TV, on your phone, on social media, and on websites. That’s because the ubiquitous use of computers and smartphones has changed the way our brains acquire and process information, especially for the younger generations who have grown up in a digital world.
Patience and attention spans have been shortened considerably. Experts advise that even your text content, your blog posts and marketing materials, be broken down into short, easily digestible blocks that take no longer than a couple of minutes to read.
Today’s buyers want to see the product, understand how it works, and watch someone explain how to use it. That’s why brand identity videos created by professional production companies like MODI are so effective. Video is the present and future of digital marketing, and consumers increasingly demand it before they make a purchasing decision.
Components of a Brand Video
Because there are a lot of components of a brand identity video, planning is probably the most important part of the entire process. First, you’ll want to know who your target audience is and where they are in their journey (are they looking for more information? Are they ready to make a purchase?).
Next, you need to know who your company is. What message are you trying to send? You’ll want to keep that message (along with your tone) consistent in each video. Then, you’ll need to better understand your goals (e.g. increasing reach, spreading awareness, etc.).
During the planning and budgeting phase of your project, you need to keep these major factors in mind:
- Your Brand: Keep your logo prominent. Introduce your logo in the intro or outro. After potential customers have watched your video, you’ll want them to remember who you are.
- Content/Message: Although it’s visual, your video will still need to tell a story. Why should your audience care about you? How will your product or services impact their lives? Additionally, you’ll want to figure out whether you want to focus on your company (e.g. founding story) or a particular product or service. Lastly, you’ll want to have a few guidelines in place to ensure that your language/messaging remains consistent throughout any video you create.
- Call-to-Action: If you don’t tell your audience what to do, they won’t do anything. Include links to social media and to your website, and be sure you let the audience know exactly what you want them to do without being overly pushy.
- Accessibility: When uploading your brand video, be sure to include closed captions. Certain platforms like YouTube have auto-play features, so it’s very likely that your audience will first view the video without sound. That means you’ll need clear voice-overs to ensure accurate captions.
- High-Quality Resolution & Editing: Newer audiences want a visual experience. With 4K being the new standard, you’ll want to either invest in high-quality equipment or work with a professional company like MODI.
- Music: The music that you choose for your video can make it or break it. It shouldn’t be so overbearing that your message/purpose is lost, and it also needs to fit the tone of your video. If you want people to leave your video feeling happy or energetic, then you need to use music that will make them feel that way.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed right now—don’t worry. Although producing brand identity videos is a time-consuming project, it’s much easier when you have a professional company working by your side. Plus, there are a wide array of benefits that come with brand videos.
We helped, Pure Ducts, a blue collar company in the local Detroit area with their brand identity video:
Benefits of Brand Videos
Brand identity videos do so much more for you than just show off your product or services. Here are just a few of the top reasons to embrace video marketing:
- Builds Trust: Video allows you to get personal with your audience. Seeing you explain your company and your products on video is the next best thing to being in the same room with them.
- Conveys Transparency: Being able to watch someone actually using your product and demonstrating how it works creates a sense of transparency in your company. That you’re willing to show yourself personally and stand behind what you sell will make all the difference to your audience.
- Boosts SEO: Google loves video and rewards its presence on a website with ranking points. It keeps visitors on your site for longer times, which is also a big plus.
So, How Do You Create a Brand Identity Video
First of all, the first step in creating a brand identity is to consult with a production company. Working with experienced professionals will help you set realistic expectations, and ensure that your project is completed on time and within budget.
Here’s a recent example of fashion designer Sarah Kolis’ brand identity video:
There are basically three stages to creating successful brand identity videos at MODI:
- Pre-Production: First, we’ll sit down with you and plan out everything from beginning to end. We’ll determine the components of your video, including the message you want to communicate. Then, we’ll plan a distribution strategy, create a script, scout locations, and set a schedule for all parties. This is the most crucial part of the process.
- Film-Production: This is where it all happens. Our camera crew, production team, and directing staff will be on location with you to ensure the highest-quality cinematography.
- Post-Production: Our digital video and audio editing team takes over to correct color and grading, and to get the sound quality just right.
Create Your Brand Identity Video With MODI
Want to learn more? If you’re still thinking about creating a brand identity video, MODI would love to help you! Based in Detroit, MI, we’re a video production company that helps companies across the United States. We consider your success our success—our top priority is helping you build and grow your brand, engage with your audience, and reach a level of success that you never thought possible.
Fill out our online form today to schedule a free, 15-minute discovery call, and we’ll tell you all about our brand identity creation process. We can’t wait to get to know you and your company!